Kiwiplan solutions typically provide ROI in just 1-3 years.
Increased plant throughput
Automated scheduling optimizes throughput at bottleneck machines throughout the production process. Additional features provide the ability to manage peripheral processes associated with manufacturing, ensure raw materials and tooling are ready when needed, balance work across machines, reduce setup and downtime, and more, all with the intent of increasing production efficiency and productivity.
Improved on-time delivery
The automated scheduler reacts immediately and automatically to due dates and times required by your customers as well as due date changes, hot order inserts and job priorities. This scheduling process focuses on improving production efficiency while at the same time achieving on-time deliveries providing a significant (and sometimes difficult to measure) benefit to your organization in terms of improved customer service.
Reduced labor costs
Tools and features enable manufacturers to effectively identify specific overtime requirements and eliminate unnecessary overtime. In addition, by scheduling work more effectively and increasing manufacturing efficiency, reductions in regular labor hours may also be achieved.
Reduced work in process and finished goods inventory
Excessive inventory (WIP and/or FGS) can impede the flow of work through the plant and consume capital dollars that may be otherwise invested. With Kiwiplan work flows through your manufacturing facility more efficiently, ensuring the right orders are ready to run at the right time— eliminating waste, lost units and safety hazards. Kiwiplan also provides immediate response to customer due dates, delivery requirements and other changing factors providing the opportunity to make and ship to order more effectively.
Kiwiplan applications provide the ability to identify, monitor and eliminate waste throughout the manufacturing process.
Tools and features provide the ability to integrate quality testing with the production process, collect test results in real time, improve quality management, and reduce defective product, rework and customer returns. See Quality Management System (QMS).
Reduced shipping costs
By optimizing drops and trailer loading, shipping full trucks and reducing travel requirements, Kiwiplan can significantly reduce shipping costs. See Truck Scheduling System (TSS).
Additional benefits that may be achieved with Kiwiplan products can be significant (although in some cases may be difficult to quantify):
- Streamlined and more efficient processes.
- Increased accuracy in customer service, reduced returns and other costly mistakes.
- Reduced paperwork and manual processes.
- Improved communication between customer service and planning.
- Improved communication between customer service and manufacturing.
- Improved communication between planning, shipping and manufacturing.
- Increased visibility throughout your organization.
- Availability of accurate real-time production, waste and downtime information.
- Reduced manual data entry on the factory floor and other tedious, repetitive and mundane tasks throughout your organization.
- More time for employees throughout your organization to focus on value-added activities.
- Empowered employees.
- Immediate and automatic response to changing circumstances in your plant.
- Automatic response to customer requirements in terms of delivery requirements.
- Immediate access to accurate real-time order status information for both your customer service department and your customers.
- Reduced administrative burden in customer service, planning, shipping, and accounting.