Signode Industrial Group Holdings US Inc. and its direct and indirect U.S. subsidiaries, (the “Signode,” “we” or “us“) adheres to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (“Privacy Shield”) as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union and Switzerland, including from our employees in addition to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“). Accordingly, we follow the Privacy Shield Principles published by the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “Principles”) with respect to all such data.
Signode complies with Privacy Shield and is responsible for the personal data it receives, which includes subsequent transfers to agents of Signode acting on our behalf. We have certified our compliance under Privacy Shield for both the EU and Switzerland; therefore Signode is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. To read more information about the GDPR as well as the Privacy Shield Principles by which we subject all personal data received from member countries of the European Union and Switzerland, visit www.eugdpr.org and http://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework respectively.
Under certain conditions, a citizen of an E.U. country or Switzerland may address any privacy-related questions or problems to the appropriate data protection authority in their E.U. member state. If a complaint or dispute regarding EU personal data cannot be resolved through our internal process, Signode agrees to cooperate and comply with the EU Data Protection Authorities as our independent resource mechanism. Under certain conditions, detailed on the Privacy Shield website, they may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
The following outlines Signode’s general practices and describes how we gather and use information that you to provide to us on our websites (the “Website”). This statement does not apply to any third party sites that may be accessible from here.
Personal data we may collect from you:
- We may collect information on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, content from surveys, competitions, contact forms and other communication data and the resources that you access. This information, for example, will make your visit to the
- Website easier in the future since we might suggest Content depending on the location you access the Website from.
- If you use our contact forms (for example “Contact”, “Send us a Message”, or “Contact us about working together” or similar), please notice that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields. We need this information to comply with your request. Other information or personal data you share with us is at your sole discretion. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We also collect information of all users of the Website in aggregated form in order to provide us with a better understanding of the users of the Website as a group.
- We may also use the information for direct marketing via e-mail, when you opt-in for this purpose in the relevant contact form. You may opt-out of receiving future marketing communication, at your discretion, at any time.
- We may also store cookies as set out in more detail in our Cookies Policy.
All this information (“your personal data”) will be collected and handled by us for the following purposes:
- To best tailor Content and resources according to your preferences.
- To respond to your request or questions when you are contacting us. We will provide you the relevant information by email. Telephone and/or mail can be an option if you provide these details, but it is in our sole discretion to choose the communication system.
- To deliver other information – such as Signode upcoming events or newsletters – that we may offer you.
- To help us create, publish, and improve Content most relevant to you.
- To ensure that the Content provided through the Website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so.
- To further develop and improve the Website and systems to better serve you.
USAGE OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- We track the number of visits to the Website, where each visitor came from (i.e. the website you visited prior to coming to the Website) and where each visitor goes to from the Website (i.e. the website you visit after leaving ours).
- A cookie is stored on your device for no longer than required which is linked to your IP address. Cookies are small text files that your web browser stores on your device. This allows us to track whether you return to the Website.
This information helps to understand what areas of the Website are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information allows us to update and improve the Website. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
For further information pertaining to the usage of cookies on the Website please refer to our Cookies Policy.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
To facilitate our efficient use of your data, and to provide you with the best content and/or resources, it may sometimes be necessary for us to disclose your information to third parties. Except as described in this statement, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent. With the exception of agents of Signode, you have the right to opt-out to third party disclosure of your personal data or if personal data is used for purposes materially different from the purpose for which it was collected.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests for information by public authorities. Signode reserves the right to disclose personal data to government or law enforcement authorities if we determine in our sole discretion that we are under an obligation to do so.
Although we will do our reasonable best to protect your data, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website or any third party, for this reason, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data and transferred it to a third party, we will use strict operational procedures and reasonable security measures to prevent any unauthorized access, change, deletion or transmission of this data.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Signode will – in compliance with applicable law – respond to your reasonable request to access your personal data, unless otherwise legally unable to do so. You may contact us at email@example.com and provide us with full details in relation to your request, including your contact information and any other detail you feel is relevant. Signode will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete. We will store personal data only for technical reasons or as long as legitimately required by the business.
We will usually offer you a check box on the forms we use to collect your data where, if you agree for this purpose, you have to click up on the box. You can also exercise the opt-out right at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails.
CHILDREN VISITING THE WEBSITE
The Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors in this age group. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose online.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy statement, concerns related to our U.S. Privacy Shield commitment, or our practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Signode reserves the right to update or modify this privacy statement, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of this privacy statement on the Website. If we modify this privacy statement, the modifications will only apply to personal data we collect after we have posted the revised privacy statement on the Website.
This Privacy Statement was last revised on May 30, 2018.